[IMC-US] Google News

Chris Anderson chanders_imc at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 11:51:08 CDT 2005

One of the things we should emphasze is that they are
currently syndicating nyc imc, a us based website with
a news policy that is identical, more or less, with
every other us based website. in other words, if nyc,
why not everyone. this was one of the reasons i was
happiest about gn taking the feed.

i cant honestly say why we were able to break through
the google news wall. it does prove, i think, that
gn's policy is somewhat ad hoc and arbitrary. one
other thing to emphasize is that once we finally got
through, they have been fairly solicitous-- i emailed
them a heads up that we were changing our site around
to mir and our sydication might change soon and they
got back to me within a day.

strange.

=== message truncated ===