[IMC-US] Collaboration--WALMART?

Todd Wolfson twolfson1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 08:18:43 CDT 2005

Hey
I could not agree with tarik more. for our part,
philly IMC is working with Philadelphia Jobs with
Justice on the Walmart week of action that is being
planned around the country in november with the
release of Greenwald's film. I believe walmart watch
(sponsored by SEIU) is running this campaign although
there is another national organization Wake up Walmart
(sponsored by UFCW) that may also be involved.

Anyway, like tarik i think this is an exciting way we
can work together as a national or global network
writing stories about walmart and making videos about
walmart while hopefully building a huge geographically
diverse collection of narratives about people who work
at walmart and can't make ends meet, or narratives of
people that have lost their businesses because a
walmart came to town. Then perhaps we can collaborate
and try to put something more coordinated together
with these stories, narratives and video. anyway just
some thoughts and thanks tarik for continuosly
bringing this up.

in solidarity,
todd

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsCollaborations