[IMC-US] Yead End Compilation of Stories?

sheri at speakeasy.org sheri at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 23 14:40:37 CST 2005

hi onto and everyone,

that was beautiful.  i think a compilation like this is a fabulous idea and perhaps this could be sent out as a "newsblast" onto the imc-news list (which has about 30,000 people on it, i'll have to ask those who know).  but it is a great way of highlighting key stories and showing a linear and nonlinear flow to the coverage and the work of people doing the critical work in the world.

the newsblasts have been a tradition since the wto in seattle and for a number of key protests throughout the years.  the newsblasts were highlights of the "best" stories for that protest/event/action/issue.  you can check out some of them on the imc-news archive list here:

SF - Action against the NAB
http://archives.lists.indymedia.org/imc-news/2000-September/000344.html
Atlanta - School of the Americas
http://archives.lists.indymedia.org/imc-news/2000-November/000345.html
Quebec - FTAA
http://archives.lists.indymedia.org/imc-news/2001-April/000349.html
Genoa - What Happened?
http://archives.lists.indymedia.org/imc-news/2001-July/000355.html
September 11 Aftermath
http://archives.lists.indymedia.org/imc-news/2001-September/000359.html
South Africa - WSSD
http://archives.lists.indymedia.org/imc-news/2002-September/000364.html

and more

anyway, an idea for sharing it to a broader audience who might be interested in the work of this group/site.

love
sheri