[IMC-US] topics and stuff

bht bht at indymedia.org
Wed Feb 23 09:38:30 CST 2005

Hi all.  I am going out of town right now for three days and i dont want
to.  this is why jobs suck.

anyway, i will be afk for most of it.  there are many new folks that
have just been signed up for the lists.  there are also people that have
expressed interest in working on the site.  one thing that people are
needed to do is documentation.

before we do that, i would really like to try to cut down our topics.  i
think we could get away with 10 meta-topics for a smaller list and
easier categorization.  and, instead of topics, have more event pages.
like the ciw one that was just made.  i think it would be better to
categorize our history by the actions that define it instead of broad
topics that it should fit into :-)

anyway, something to think about.  we got a list of topics at global
that we feel are globally meta, it should be a good starting point for
imc-us.  or folks may not agree with this at all and then nothing will
happen!  I just dont want new folks to do work that would be invalidated
in a bit.  alright, here is the global list:

civil libverties
imperialism and war
climate change
biotechnology
trade (agreements)
corporate dominance
social movements
indymedia
elections
migration

not all of those would be us relevant as topics.  however it is
something to think about.  they are mostly based on portland and
melbourne topics.  okay, bye
bht