[IMC-US] letter to yes magazine

lotus lotus at riseup.net
Sun Feb 27 13:25:59 CST 2005

While I agree that that statement could be toned down, the overall tone
of the article is good, the article is well written and it makes an
important point. What other independent media website has local
organizations working on it in almost every country in the world? I'm
not familiar with yes magazine, but I'm sure that a decentralized,
non-hierarchical, anti-corporate, often anti-capitalist group of people
working hard worldwide to undermine corporate media is a hard pill to
swallow.

I think the entire indymedia network has a long way to go in terms of
promotion and outreach to get more folks reading indymedia who haven't
before, and one great way to do that is by using corporate media. We've
got to do some media hijacking, even if its as simple as a letter to
the editor, to get between people and their propaganda.