[IMC-US] RE: bht's proposal

bht bht at indymedia.org
Wed Jan 12 11:35:42 CST 2005

hi all.

thanks everyone for coming into discussion!  this is great.

i want to get a bit new-agey so sorry if that irks folks.

I think that Andy's opinion and thoughts are great.  He is right in that
if we continue thinking of OUR future in the light of THEIR past, we are
doomed to fall into the same shit that has beseiged things in the past.

I propose things in the vision of the world as I would like it to be.  I
would like to be in a world where the workers have the power to direct
their work.  I have no ill intentions of privatizing the indymedia.us
site, nor do I think that the folks I know who are working on the site
have that idea.

I think it is important when we are creating new things, to create them in
the vision of the world as we would want it.  And I dont want fear to be a
part of my world.  So I am not fearing that folks will abuse the power to
direct the site.  I am not fearing that the people doing the work are
going to at some point stop beleiveing in a different world and use their
power against us.

I guess I am not security-culture minded enough.  Because I dont want that
to be part of my life, that paranoia and fear and such that goes along
with it.

So, folks have reservations.  Thats fine.  Lets work them out.  Lets find
something mutually agreeable.  When is this IRC meeting?
bht
(ps.  sorry for the new-agey stuff...)