[IMC-US] all volunteer PROPOSAL

nick sarsnic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 19:23:09 CST 2005

> If I hear one more flame war on this subject I am unsubscribing from
> this list and every other global or US list. Please give it a rest.

It is a proposal, not a flame, and to my knowledge there has not been
any flaming on this subject.  Following general consensus process, I
don't know how to respond to this - please raise a concern, block,
brainstorm or something.

>"Various IMC's already have paid positions.."  Say what??

from a friend in NYC:
"The Indypendent is currently paying an ad manager and
an office manager. It should be clarified that this is
an Indy only thing, and not the policy of the NYC-IMC
as a whole."

from Sascha:
The UCIMC has two paid positions -- both are to handle our finances.  The
two financial positions are overseen by the Finance Working Group (which
is all volunteer), which is in turn overseen by the UCIMC Steering Group
(which is also volunteer).  Previous to this year, we had one paid staff
(mainly me), but I had donated my pay to the UCIMC.  Our total pay for
2004 for both positions will probably be about $4,800.

Lemme know if there's any other questions about the UCIMC.