[IMC-US] all volunteer PROPOSAL

ana ana at riseup.net
Fri Jan 14 01:22:52 CST 2005

On Jan 13, 2005, at 8:23 PM, nick wrote

> from a friend in NYC:
> "The Indypendent is currently paying an ad manager and
> an office manager. It should be clarified that this is
> an Indy only thing, and not the policy of the NYC-IMC
> as a whole."

hey all,

a) clarification, i would say the paper gives someone a stipend to fill
a role that is terribly described as office manager and we give a cut
of ad revenue to anyone who goes out and finds ads.

b) i doubt the nyc imc and the uc imc are the only ones in the network
who do this sort of thing. i know seattle did it for a while. so did
palestine and israel imcs. there are probably more i dont know about.

c) i personally support the idea of the us-imc remaining an
all-volunteer project.

d) i agree we should avoid getting into this debate here. i know some
people dont like the fact that some imcs do this. we have gone through
this. the network will soon do a survey of some kind to see if there is
a consensus to making it "illegal".

peace
ana