[IMC-US] inaugural coverage

Chris Strohm chrisstrohm at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 10:15:21 CST 2005

Hi: This is Chris from DC Indymedia. I just wanted to
give folks on this list an update about plans for
covering the inauguration. Thanks to Bht for putting
together the feature, it looks great.

We have two media spaces set up in DC. One is
primarily for breaking news, audio production and
uploading, and Internet radio. The other space is
primarily for video production and uploading. The
webstream is being set up now and the URL should go
out by the end of today. I've already talked briefly
with Bht about this.

We'll be ready to do breaking news reports via
razorwire starting Wednesday night, but really plan to
begin Thursday morning at 7AM when critical mass
starts. Our call-in phone number is 202-332-4481.

Video plans consist of producing a one-hour TV program
for cable access and uploading at least a half hour of
video coverage to INN's satellite feed starting at
6:30pm.

We also plan to blast out an early morning and late
afternoon e-newsletter on J20 to hundreds of media
outlets, both corporate and independent. The
newsletter will contain links to coverage. Our hope is
to facilitate the awareness and distribution of the
incredible media being produced.

There are many other media coverage projects being
planned. The DC Indymedia website should be full of
print, photo, audio and video postings. It would be
great if US IMCs could rebroadcast or repost any
content you see fit. Let's try to reach as wide an
audience as possible. Techs have been working hard on
making sure the site can handle the load.

If you want more information on anything email me
directly. If anybody needs to call me my cell phone is
202-413-2212.

Chris