[IMC-US] what we want from indyconference

Tribal Scribal valeoftheoaks at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 24 09:16:28 CST 2005

I can't afford a trip to Texas, but i would like to throw my 2 cents into
this conversation. Three of my concerns with Indy have always been Outreach,
outreach and outreach. That's not simply me being cute (well, not completely
;), but conveys my long-held belief that we need to be linking sites and
inter-acting with more 1)activist organizations; 2)communities; and 3)other
independent media.

Without ongoing efforts/programs built on outreach & networking that
"plateau" mentioned below becomes a black hole. People forget, new people
maynot know about us, and of course info glut grows: it's keep moving or
die. I'd like to see a network-wide outreach program, as well as concerted
outreach for each site.

d.o.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as
necessary in the political world as storms in the physical world."

- Thomas Jefferson
more rebellion here:
http://concertobi.blogspot.com/