[IMC-US] Collaboration Project Launch

Tarik Abdelazim modocpress at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 23:45:28 CDT 2005

July 6, 2005

LAUNCH OF NATIONAL COLLABORATIONS

Hello, friends. At last nite's US-IMC meeting, there
was much enthusiasm about collaborative projects
between the many different national IMCs. See, many of
us realize that the reporting we do in our communities
is just a local iteration of a national phenomenon.
Homelessness is little different in SF as in Atlanta
and Michigan and Boston. So why not consider creative
collaborations that clearly uncover our local stories
as not isolated incidents but in fact repeated
derviatives of the same institutional crises and
injustices?

In other words, let's pool our resources. And let's
mature our revolutionary media creation.

SO....With great interest in launching a collaborative
project, we'd like to solicit suggestions. For
instance, during our chat, we came up with the
following possibilities...

-Counter-recruitment efforts
-Walmarts in our communities
-Homelessness

But we didn't think it was prudent to just launch this
project until we heard from others. So please let us
know what collaborative themes you or other IMCistas
might want to contribute to, and post suggestions to
the WIKI page titled "Collaborations." (coming
soon...i think....)

The goal is to have a theme chosen for AUGUST and then
repeat this national collaborative theme every two
months. We'll likely post a link to the national page
once we choose a theme, and also use other
communication tools to encourage IMCs to contribute
stories to this exciting new national initiative.

Any questions, please post here.

Peace, and in solidarity,

Tarik Abdelazim
Binghamton-IMC

PS. I volunteered to write this, and I hope I didn't
misrepresent the group's discussion. If so, I ask for
the others to make comment. I have thick skin.

The Community Progressive Advocate
www.modocpress.com/advocate.html