[IMC-US] unbalanced

deva drdartist at riseup.net
Fri Jul 22 13:40:58 CDT 2005

On Jul 22, 2005, at 10:04 AM, nick wrote:

> It would be neat if we as editors of locals could tag certain articles
> not to go to the US feature wire when we make the feature.  So many of
> the features we run just don't need to go to that rss - such as
> repeats of articles off another imc.  And further, I think it is
> important to give editors of locals, be they editors of the US-IMC or
> not, the power to decide which ones need not go to the US site.
>
> I'm assume most people agree that whatever our solution to this
> problem is, we shouldn't be asking SF to change or question whatever
> their policy is regarding when, why or how many features they post to
> their own features column.

Agreed... A while back some people had 'pressured' portland to not make
so many features because the portland features were dominating the
global feature wire. I suggested there be a limit of how many could be
displayed at once. That idea was adopted. It is not ideal because it
was the 3 latest, which might exclude the one that was most suited for
the global site.

This problem, might not need a solution. Or at least, I have not heard
a solution that isn't also a problem....

deva