[IMC-US] What's the Matter with Indymedia?

Tarik Abdelazim modocpress at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 06:20:41 CDT 2005

that certainly adds a new twist to it, huh?

thanks for grounding the article, john.

to be honest, though, there is much i find relevant in
her article. but rather than "dump" and forget
indymedia as obsolete, i accept the challenge to make
it meaningful.

ever onward, patiently,
tarik
bing-imc

--- john duda <john at manifestor.org> wrote:

> While there are a lot of things that aren't quite
> correct in this
> article, it's good to note that in the original
> context(LiP), it's
> part of a special issue "Constructively Negative:
> Sacred Cows", in
> which pretty much all the articles attack various
> things the left
> takes for granted as being awesome:
>
> "Featuring the gleeful evisceration of such sacred
> cows as pacifism,
> organics, woman-centered feminism, work,
> representative democracy,
> irony, and consensus, among many others." (from the
> website
> http://www.lipmagazine.org/, describing the issue )
>
> For alternet to reprint it out of this context is
> kind of shabby....
>
> john
>

> On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 04:34:38PM -0700, onto
> wrote:
> > http://www.alternet.org/mediaculture/23741
> >
> > What's the Matter with Indymedia?
> > By Jennifer Whitney, LiP Magazine. Posted July 26,
> 2005.
> >
> > Conceived initially to allow everybody to 'be the
> media,' Indymedia is
> > plagued by everything from fascist messages to
> paralyzing ideology to
> > good old fashioned laziness. . .
>
> --
>
> this is where my public key can be found:
> gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 03817826
> Key fingerprint = 6C11 8D70 2ADE EFA9 498D  72CB
> 77EA 391A 0381 7826

The Community Progressive Advocate
www.modocpress.com/advocate.html