[IMC-US] our last irc meeting

Emily emily at indymedia.org
Thu Jun 9 13:44:05 CDT 2005

Hey y'all-

The imc-us working group held an irc meeting this past tuesday. There
were only three participants at the meeting, so it didn't feel
worthwhile to try and discuss any of the agenda items.  However, there
were definitely things on the agenda that need to be discussed. Here is
the abstract from the meeting:

We would like to go ahead with centering the site. We still need more
definitive discussion about site design, banners, etc.

Tech update and tech support for local imc's were on the agenda. I don't
know what this specifically refers to, maybe someone can send a tech
update to the list?

We briefly talked about collaboration features and this workpad exists
for that purpose: http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsWorkPad
Are people other than bradley and asad interested in *working on*
regular collaborative features? If not, we can stop putting that on the
agenda.

I want to have an outreach checkin. I have edited the wiki to the best
of my knowledge: http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsOutreach
According to that info, there are still about 20 local IMCs that need
some form of outreach. You can identify those sites by the lack of a
name next to the field: who is outreaching.
***If you have attempted some sort of outreach to a local IMC, please
email the list with the status of that IMC. Include information on
whether or not you have secured a contact person, whether or not they
would like to be syndicated, whether or not they need help with
syndication, etc.***

And the only other thing was a brainstorm for discussion topics for the
Allied Media Conference. I can set up a separate listserv for IMCistas
going to the AMC, so we can figure some things out ahead of time.  But
if that isn't necessary, we can just use this:
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsMeeting2005June18
to compile discussion topics.

Ok, think and discuss.
Emily