[IMC-US] m19 coverage

bht bht at indymedia.org
Sun Mar 20 11:04:16 CST 2005

max, these are great questions and as with any organization that plans
to organize collectively, it is something that should have been talked
about collectivley.  I remeber distinctly sending out at least two mails
specifically about m19 that got one response, from john.

you ask what sort of participation i envision, and it isnt any
particular kind of participation, this isnt about me and what i want.
this is about how this 'affinty group' will envision itself.  as long as
there is participation and input, i would be willing to let it flow in
whatever direction it tends to go.

what i had hoped to see was at least one new person to ask how they
could help with this.

you also say this is an amorphous project and it is hard to jump in.
that is so true.  and just as we discussed in austin, it is important to
try to define some of those hings to make it easier.

i guess, my main question, is whether or not folks want to be part of
this in the capacity that they would actually do something with the
site.  this is probably the fifth time i have asked this question.  my
impetus for this is because i dont really want to be doing it anymore,
but because i helped get it to where it is now and i do hold a bit of
knowledge for how to use the site, i want to remain on board long enough
to teach a few other folks to do stuff with the site as well.

unless the site as it is isnt what it should be.  would it be better to
just have a pure syndication site that wouldnt really need any
attention?  right now, i think so.  luckily, when creating this, the
folks involved creating a never ending circle.  it will be very hard to
follow consensus and make decisions right now about what to do with the
site or how to make decisions.  and, of course, i use that luckily in an
entirely jhoking fashion.

end communication.
bht