[IMC-US] m19 coverage

bradley at riseup.net bradley at riseup.net
Mon Mar 21 00:13:06 CST 2005

> what sort of participation did you envision? what did you hope to see?
> maybe
> folks aren't interested in putting in lots of energy covering mass
> mobilizations these days and would rather focus on covering more local and
> sustained efforts towards social justice etc. (I would probably fall into
> this
> category).

ok, fine. i hear what you are saying max, but the fact is that people did
protest, all over the US, and people were posting to their local IMCs.
Local IMCs have put together some great coverage. The local IMCs that are
syndicated have features about M19 and M20 flooding into the newswire on
indy.us

if people all around the US are protesting in the streets, i think indy.us
should have great coverage of it.

i saw the coverage on MSNBC and they said there were a few small protests
and the only words we heard from a protester was a shrill sounding "troops
home"

that's it.

i think that as indy.us we can provide all the dynamic coverage that makes
Indymedia work so well (text, audio, photos, video, etc....) and give real
voice and truth to the resistance within the US.

sincerely,
Bradley
santa cruz