[IMC-US] meeting wrap up

ekearns at umich.edu ekearns at umich.edu
Fri Mar 25 00:42:31 CST 2005

hey ya'll.

so the meeting today lasted about three hours. the agenda included: visions,
decision making process, future meetings and outreach/participation.

the log is on the wiki at
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsMeeting2005March9
formatting still needs some work. anybody who was at the meeting should feel
free to clean it up a bit.

there's some conversation in there about whether or not to us.indy should be
purely syndication. nothing was really agreed upon. a few people feel the site
is going well as it is and we should keep the open newswire as well as national
event coverage. other people want straight up syndication. we can have more
discussion on this topic after some serious outreach has been done.

outreach efforts are being logged at
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Local/ImcUsOutreach
there is a complete list of every US based local imc. info contained here is
'does the site link to us.indy? is the site syndicated on us.indy? does the
site have a rep on imc-us@ ?'
if you have any of this info on any us based imc please add it to the wiki. this
will help us to coordinate our outreach efforts.

FUTURE MEETINGS: we decided to meet twice each month in #us on irc.indymedia.org
there will be meetings every first tuesday of the month at 11pm EST and every
third sunday of the month at 4pm EST. Hopefully this will solve the problem of
meeting during people's workday. Please respond to the list if you can't make
it to either of these meeting times.

Ok. I think that's about it.
emily.