[IMC-US] IMC-US Revival (please respond)

lotus lotus at riseup.net
Thu Mar 31 13:07:44 CST 2005

Hi. I've been participating a bit in indy.us, but i was traveling
during march, so i've missed lots of the great discussion you've been
having.

On Mar 4, 2005, at 11:53 AM, ekearns at umich.edu wrote:
>> 1.  Your working name/nickname

lotus

lotus at indymedia.org

>> 3.  Which imc you volunteer with

san diego

>> 4.  What do you want to see happen, do you want to do, how much do you
>> want to participate, or any other comments/suggestions!

In its simplest form, it seems that imc us should be a place for
important news stories from imc's in the us.

What could come from that? It seems that in its best form, imc us could
be a place to analyze and identify important political trends and
issues in the us and support that analysis with stories from around the
country. That way, imc us could serve as a force to support the
building of more, stronger nation wide movements and awareness of
nationwide movements, as well as relating those movements to similar
movements and their effects around the world. imc us could be a place
to add more context to local stories by grouping them with other
current/recent stories from around the country.

An example that's important to me is migration. It seems like there's a
ton of work of all different types going on around migration in the US,
but very little cohesion in all that work. It doesn't feel like there's
a movement, just a bunch of people working on migration. Maybe, by
tying various efforts together, imc us could contribute to building
that movement. Its important to me because I do a lot of organizing
around migration issues here in sd.

With that lofty goal, i'd probably like to contribute to the editorial
team with news and help in promoting features. I'd also like to do
tech, as in sysadmin and coding, but as I don't have a ton of time to
contribute, I'd be happy to work on specific tasks instead of general
maintenance.

>> 5.  Do you want/have admin access to us.indymedia.org?

i have it. thanks for all your hard work on this everyone!