[IMC-US] Re: RE: [Imc-us-editorial] FWD: Inquiry from Mother Jones!

Mike micro.zen at verizon.net
Tue May 17 12:37:52 CDT 2005

I read the inquiry as offering IMC readers a free online code to be able to access certain paid sections of their site.

But that aside, supporting the subscriptions of media sources is different from supporting advertisers.  It is a direct exchange of money for the work that the journalist does (or at least filtered through the publication that pays them). It is not the indirect payment of money for a service who then pays the publication who pays the journalist.  It at least leaves the publication & journalist accountable to the reader, not the advertiser.

So I don't see a problem here, especially since MJ seems to want to volunteer up their content.

-Mike