[IMC-US] google news

sheri at speakeasy.org sheri at speakeasy.net
Thu May 26 11:42:30 CDT 2005

hi,

does someone have a summary of all the imcs in the u.s. (and beyond) who get picked up by google news?  can we approach google a bit more wholistically rather than piecemeal.  it seems that might make more sense.  surely they are working with some criteria that appears to be invisible to us.

oneworld.net picks up indymedia stories especially from latin america all the time.  they realize the value of the content and the reporting and the information being provided and they highlight it on their front pages.  i'm on their notification list (for the past 5 years) so i see how often it happens.

i just think it would be helpful to gather a bit more information on which imcs currently are on google news (sf imc is if i'm not mistaken - at least i remember the conversation when they were in "discussions" with them) and figure out their criteria and build a small case and write it up and present it to them with some reasons why this makes sense to them and for us and to the people seeking information on google news.

just a thought.  maybe this has already been done and this is what people from individual imcs have been doing.

love
sheri