[IMC-US] Re: [mir-coders] newsvine: the indymedia killer? not really

lotu5 lotu5 at resist.ca
Thu Nov 10 15:43:18 CST 2005

Sorry for the wide distribution of this email. I'm just trying to spur
some discussion about how we can move forward with the technology we're
using.

As bradley reminded me, a few good reasons not to use drupal are:

- crappy handling of photos (but good handling of mp3/video)
- crappy support for translations. mir's internationalization is some of
the best i know of anywhere.

In my opinion, our biggest problem with mir right now is a lack of
developers. We have lots of big ideas, but very few people contributing
code (including myself). So, I guess this is a call out for more
developer help with mir.

I started this page a while back:
http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Devel/MirNeedsAndRequests

and we have it linked from sd imc, but I haven't heard anything come of
it yet. I know that clara has also recently been working a lot on
documentation, so maybe this overlaps.

solidarity,

  lotu5

--

encrypted mail preferred // gpg key id 0x250E12BF
//