[IMC-US] Re: [mir-coders] newsvine: the indymedia killer? not really

Pete Stidman pstidman at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 09:48:19 CST 2005

wide distribution is OK by me.  This is a crucial
issue in my opinion.  I am not a tech person, but I
have been working with a number of techs out here in
Boston on a Drupal IMC prject.  We still have not
completed it, but we were inspired to do it because of
the lack of developers on IMC based lingos.  It would
seem better to fix the problems with Drupal, or find a
language with more developers, than to keep on with
one of our own, unless we can find other large groups
of people to join in.  Just my opinion...

-Pete

http://docs.indymedia.org/view/Devel/MirNeedsAndRequests

> and we have it linked from sd imc, but I haven't
> heard anything come of
> it yet. I know that clara has also recently been
> working a lot on
> documentation, so maybe this overlaps.
>
> solidarity,
>
>   lotu5
>

> lotu5 wrote:
> > http://www.simplefuture.org/?p=615
> >
> > "Also sounds like, well, just about every single
> feature and the exact
> > structure of I could have hoped for in a new
> codebase for Indymedia
> > websites (or any independent media making
> platform). User created
> > stories with a tagsonomy based navigation, voting
> capabilities for
> > moderation and promotion, the integration of user
> accounts, the robust
> > network, the ease of tagging and browsing tags via
> simple URLs, local
> > news subdomains
 everything in the direction of an