[Imc] Evaluating IMC work

ilan eyman ieyman at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 12 19:26:38 UTC 2000

I have been enjoying Amy Goodman' show "Democracy Now" on WEFT at 4:00pm
each weekday for several months now, ever since it's been on WEFT again.
I have a timer recording made of each show.

What I see her doing is offering both sides of issues.  Yesterday she had
the main representative from the FBI, and Leonard Peltier's Attorney (OK,
she had 2 attorneys.) She always lets the anti-democratic guest get first
and third shot, and the lefties get the second and last time.  I think she
is a success partly because she gets such high ranking officials on these
controversies.  I like this model, and it's so much fun when they call
each other liars.  You really get a chance to make up your own decision
about who you believe, and sometimes, the lefties don't put together a
convincing argument.

My $.02
Ilan Eyman