[Imc] Evaluating IMC work

benjamin w harp bharp at students.uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 6 19:21:26 UTC 2000

While all socio-political news is biased, I think we should refrain from
biased rhetoric as much as possible.  We shouldn't write articles which
try to prove our viewpoint is right. What we should do is present
multiple sides of an issue, ones that are often overlooked by the
mainstream, as well as viewpoints which we disagree with.  We should do so
as fairly and precisely as possible.  And, let readers draw their own
conclusions.

Just because everything is biased, doesn't mean bias is OK.

Ben