[Imc] Library Stuff

Kate McDowell mcdowell at hera.itg.uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 15 21:19:37 UTC 2000

As for Mike's fabulous suggestion, I was planning on asking you all for
just that today!

CALLING ALL SUBSCRIBERS TO USEFULLY ALTERNATIVE PERIODICALS AND OWNERS OF
VARIOUS GREAT BOOKS:

If you have a subscription to a periodical that you'd like to see at the
IMC, or if you have a full library of Chomsky's writings that you're sick
of seeing on the shelf, the Radical Librarians and Anarchist Archivists
are ready to accept donations to the IMC's circulating collection of
resources.  Before the IMC's doors are opened, these can be accepted with
the rest of the archive of materials at Sascha's house, and after they're
open they can be accepted at the IMC.

We rad librarians (Bob Cook and Brandon Bowersox in particular) are
busting butt to find some way to have a collection that actually
circulates to the public at the time of our public opening.  So far I have
2 bookcases to donate, which can hold the beginnings of the physical items
that are our collection.

More on actual physical items (like furniture) tonight, but meanwhile comb
your bookshelves for things that you'd like to donate to the IMC
circulating collection.  Any subscriptions you have can be given after
you've read them, or donated directly so that you have yet another good
excuse to come over to the IMC!  And, of course, if we find ourselves in
the wild position of having two subscriptions to one thing (if a
periodical is willing to donate a free subscription), then we'll return
the personal thing to the personal donator.

many thanks,
Kate McD