[Imc] IMC MEETING NOTES: 12/31/00

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 31 22:55:25 UTC 2000

IMC Notes
12/31/00
at 218 West Main Street

Attending:  Sarah Carsey, Sarah Kanouse (facilitator), Paul Riismandel, Mike
Lehman, Sehvilla Mann, Sascha Meinrath (note taker), Brian Hagy, Robert Dunn,
Brandon Bowersox.  Later:  Mark Enslin, Bob Cook, Laura Haber, Zack Miller

NEWS
The week in review:
Consumerism Article  -- Sehvilla: for News-Gazette spinoff.
IMC Newshour    -- permaculture group will do January 8th show.
                -- they want articles/news stories for the show (especially
Bellflower dairy information)

ASSIGNMENTS:
Bonus pay given ($250) to clerk's office workers --  needs someone to look
into
it and shows how political pay has become.
Update on Springfield -- Paul.
Give interesting stories to Zack -- Zack will play finished pieces on his
show.
Interviews with people about what the next year will be like -- Robert
IP tree destruction -- Bob will write up a small blurb.

UPDATES:
Tech:  Zack -- National IMC very disorganized.  We should open up the site.
Need people to look over the site.  Bob will help.  Two computers were donated
by Jim Buell.  Paul will put an announcement on our front webpage about our
meeting times.  Zack asked about new IMC web software
Fundraising:  We're raising $1,195 a month from founding funders and have
$1,976
in the back (after paying $1,750 for the space).  Next meeting will be at 7:30
on January 8th at the IMC space.
-- Grantwriters are meeting January 14th  at 2 p.m. at the IMC space to
discuss
getting grant money for the IMC.
Outreach:  Paul is organizing a trip to Springfield (he will post the
details to
the IMC list).  Springfield people will visit us -- details still to come.  We
should make a sign about the IMC opening party.
Radical Librarians:  Bob is working on an online database of our archive
should
be ready in the next few days.  Next meeting will be at 5:15 p.m. on January
4th at the IMC space.
501(c)(3) Status:  we need people to answer certain questions.  Mark will give
us a copy of Performance Workshop Ensemble's Bylaws.  Paul will write a
narrative description.
Equipment:  2 computers (1 Mac and 1 PC) were donated to the IMC --
communications group formed (see below)

ANNOUNCEMENTS
Non-profit information meeting will be held at BOTH 10a.m. and 6p.m. on
January
9th at the Urbana Civic Center (108 East Water Street) -- might make a good
story?

SPACE
Keys:  keys will be made available to focus group liaisons and production
staff
in exchange for a $20 deposit.  Names of members with keys will be posted.
Networking:  Zack, Paul, Brian, Bob will work on communications.
SPACE focus groups:
construction -- Mike and Sascha
painting -- Sarah and Brian
furnishing -- Danielle
cleaning -- Mark (but not the 10th-14th)
opening party -- Friday January 19th at 8p.m. (mark your calendars): Zack,
Robert, Brian will help run the party
signs -- researching what we can have:  ??? (maybe you?)
hauling trash and donations -- Mike and Sascha
[people who are interested in coordinating any of these things, or helping out
with anything should contact the people by each focus group]
Sarah is coordinating donations -- please contact her if you have furniture,
office supplies, or anything else you think might be useful
Paint colors:  discussion over what types of colors to have in the IMC space:
warm, light, inviting colors (cream -- or tempeh for vegans); very light
colored hues.  Bulletin boards will be a slightly darker hue.  Please donate
your time to help paint!!!

OTHER ISSUES:
Paul:  Create a separate news meeting?  We should bring this up again at our
next Sunday meeting.
Paul:  We should record our process for making decisions.

January 8th FACILITATOR:  Sehvilla
Paul will facilitate the January 21, 2001 Sunday meeting.

Meeting ends 1:25 p.m.