[Imc] SOS update.

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 9 21:28:23 UTC 2000

i've just heard back from the secretary of state's office; they've
returned our application because, "in article one, the proposed corporate
name is not acceptable.  the name shall not contain any words or phrases
which indicates or implies that the corporation is organized for purposes
other than those permitted by the general not for profit act."

so i've spent my afternoon hunting down this general not for profit act
(because the letter i received didn't give me any info on where i could
find it) -- you can find it here:

www.legis.state.il.us/ilcs/ch805/ch805act105articles/ch805act105artstoc.htm

i looked under article three of the act, and as far as i can tell, we
easily fit under a 1)charitable; 4)educational; 5)civic; and 6)literary
organization.  which leads me to believe we've been screwed by the man.
so, i'm going to give them a call and see what "words or phrases" are not
in keeping with the general not for profit act.

--sascha