[Imc] [Fwd: Human Rights Radio - Springfield]

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Fri Oct 6 18:28:00 UTC 2000

Mbanna appeared in court on Wednesday, which apparently was fairly
uneventful, except for the fact that he served as his own counsel.

I'm in touch with the Media Activist Coalition in Springfield, and so have
been getting regular updates.  I post them to the website for my show on
WEFT, Radio Free Conscience http://www.LLL.uiuc.edu/p-riism/rfc/

I uploaded an audiotape that Mbanna recorded during the radio to both the
Indymedia site (in RealAudio) and to the A-info Radio Project (in
mp3).  Links are on my page.

On a related note...

I think that perhaps we should think about extended the scope of an
Independent Media Center to all of Central or Downstate Illinois.  A lot
goes on in places like Decatur, Springfield or even Carbondale that we
never hear about, but ultimately effects us all.  Likewise, they hear
little of what goes on in C-U.  I think the Urbana center could serve as
the nucleus, with the servers and such, and then each city could put
together whatever satellite they can--be it just a few folks getting
together and uploading things, to setting up full blown satellite centers
connecting to our server(s).   After all, Illinois is more than just
Chicago and Urbana.

--Paul