[Imc] meeting notes 10-8-00

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 8 21:32:50 UTC 2000

> Separately, I am very interested in the idea of eventually putting
> together an independent newspaper to offer a real non-corporate
> alternative to the Octopus. We could use advertisements in such a
> paper to raise funds.

I think at this point I know 5-10 people who are fed up with the Octopus and
possibly interested in working on an independent paper.  I don't know how
much time each person can offer -- probably very little -- or what the critical
mass for a paper would be, but it would be great to get this going.

Arun