[Imc] events, promotion and website

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 1 07:54:05 UTC 2001

Hey all,

If you didn't know, I'm the guy currently updating the features on the
website. I would love to feature more upcoming IMC events and events being
held at the IMC on the site, but I hardly seem to find out about them until
they're happening.  Like today, I covered Brian's shift and saw a flier for
a Ward 5 candidates' forum to be held tomorrow--but that's the first I'd
heard of it!  Isn't that the sort of thing we should make noise about?

I think the website is one of our most reliable publicity venues right now
and I am ready and willing to post up notices and announcements, but I
don't have the time to chase down everything going on -- I need everyone's
help to either post a story to the website, post a msg to the list or send
me an e-mail heads up about upcoming events.  I typically do updates only
about once a week, so a week's notice is best.  But if there's something
really important I'll make an effort to work faster.

We're all strapped for time and effort right now, so let's make the most of
the effort we're already putting in.

Thanks,

Paul