[Imc] CRY FOR HELP!: "HELP! HELP!"

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Mon Apr 2 16:40:59 UTC 2001

howdy neighbors

sorry i could be at yesterday's barrage of meetings.  expecially because i
NEED NEED NEED to put out a CRY FOR HELP regarding the BIG BLACK CABINET
in the PRODUCTION ROOM at the Indy Media Center!!!

IT NEEDS THREE SHELVED INSTALLED.  welded in or screwed in with metal
screws.  i don't have the know-how or the tools myself.

IT IS A HUMONGOUS NEED because:

1.] production equipment CANNOT get organized well until these shelves are
in.  a call for donations of additional production gear CANNOT go out
until the current stuff is organized;

2.] --also, at present, our staffers, keyholders, and other event hosts
CANNOT find the gear they need for their events BECAUSE it's not properly
organized. one side effect of this is that people end up calling ME and
taking MY musical ass away from what I'M doing because they need me to
help figure out the crappy organization system currently in place in the
production room.  said organizational system is crappy and currently in
place BECAUSE there are not enough shelves in the black cabinet.

3.] lastly, the IMC CANNOT provide better news services and member
training UNTIL we get some more production gear donations, which will need
a place to be stored--i.e. on the shelves in the black cabinet which NEED
TO BE INSTALLED!!! do you see the domino effect?

mike lehman and danielle chynoweth have both expressed interest in this
project--yes, i'm naming names. they are both busy activists, of course,
and i send out kudos and mad props to both of them for their butt-busting
revolutionary actions.

look, all i'm asking is this:  could somebody (ANYBODY!!) please step
forward TODAY, or THIS WEEK at least, to do this simple f***ing half-hour
chore, the lack of completion of which has already cost ME a number of
HOURS of my time?

alright.  point made.  ENOUGH of my kvetching.  please please please help
me help the IMC by FACILITATING YOURSELF and CO-ORDINATING this tiny,
simple, easy, fun, fulfilling, and very NECESSARY project.

thanks and solidarity,
paulkotheimer:)
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL
www.handmaderecords.com