[Imc] About Printing Press

Paul Kaiser buddy1 at advancenet.net
Wed Apr 11 16:10:54 UTC 2001

It is indeed easiest to keep a press running (especially if time/money
are a crunch) because setup and cleanup are quite time consuming. Also,
cleanup chemicals can be really nasty (though this is improving). Ink
and such is generally wasted during setup / cleanup as well.

In Effingham, we worked with the local Graphic Arts Union to get a "Tech
Prep Youth Program" going at the High School. In essence, we set up an
entire small print operation, with donations from various print shops.
They had everything from Macs to stat cameras to plate burners to
presses to bindery.

And in that environment, they Wanted to have to setup / cleanup the
press frequently, for the experience. Perhaps there is / could be a
similar relationship established in CU with schools, etc?

This is just a thought to possibly spark ideas -- I don't see how it
helps IMC Print directly...

Paul Kaiser