[Imc] Re: did anyone hear the octopus report on WILL today?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 22:44:54 UTC 2001

I heard it, but there was not much more than what you have written
below. They have filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which is a means of
reorganizing your debts while continuing to do business. Thus, the
owners plan to continue to publish while looking for a buyer. Left
unmentioned is how long they can keep that up if no one steps forward to
buy.

It was also mentioned on reason for the Octopus' trioubles is that the
area is more conservative than a lot of places, but still diverse. I'm
not sure how much of an excuse that is. My conservative parents always
seem to have a copy of the Bloomington, IN paper that the same company
puts out whenever I go home to visit.
Mike Lehman