[Imc] Re: did anyone hear the octopus report on WILL today?

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 19 00:59:59 UTC 2001

At 05:44 PM 4/18/2001 -0500, Mike Lehman wrote:
>It was also mentioned on reason for the Octopus' trioubles is that the
>area is more conservative than a lot of places, but still diverse. I'm
>not sure how much of an excuse that is. My conservative parents always
>seem to have a copy of the Bloomington, IN paper that the same company
>puts out whenever I go home to visit.
>Mike Lehman

Sounds like BS to me.  Yesse's other papers are in Springfield, IL, Dayton,
OH, Iowa City (now shut down), Bloomington IN and Indianapolis.  Of those,
which one seems less conservative than C-U?  Maybe Iowa City is a little
more liberal, but none of the others, at least according to my perceptions.

Sounds like a good excuse to mask corporate mismanagement, though.

--Paul