[Imc] Chillin' at the IMC

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 6 19:21:48 UTC 2001

The heat is on and having the IMC be a cool place to hang out is good
for a number of reasons. After the infamous show in the back roomm by
the Prince Myshkins as part of their Hellbound Tour Saturday night,
which left some members of the audience gasping for breather, it was
decided that the space really needs to be cooler in order for people to
make use of it until the weather takes a turn for the cooler. While this
will cost us some $, it should have a positive return in terms of making
the space truly usable.

We could simply turn the A/C on when we feel the need for it. The
problem with this is that once the bricks which make up the mass of the
building heat up, the A/C cannot cool things off enough to be effective.
It is much more efficient to run the A/C enough to prevent the brick
walls from getting too hot in the first place.

A timer has been installed on the A/C. It will turn on when the day
heats up and shut off after the sun goes down. It is important that the
timer not be tampered with and that the A/C be left in the COOL
position. Adjust the thermostat if it is truly too cool, but remember we
are trying to cool a large space with a relatively small A/C. If you are
too cool in the front room, consider moving to the back room or the
production room before adjusting the thermostat.

After a few days where we will see how to acheive the optimal settings,
we should have the space a much friendlier environment in which to work.
You can also come to the IMC to chill out with a cool drink or frosty
treat, so keep that in mind.

Please advise if you have any concerns about the A/C.
Mike Lehman