[Imc] Re: [UCIMC-print] minutes and moments- print meeting 081701

John Wason jwason at prairienet.org
Sun Aug 19 21:50:15 UTC 2001

Minutes and moments.....clever.

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, pfmueth wrote:

> public i meeting notes 081701

>  NEA Shelley ~750-1000 Sidebar (and photo) of article
>  about soon to be controversial sculpture (Homage to
>  Jocelyn Elders) in Meadowbrook Park.

Clever again.  :)

>  7) Environment
>  Nuke train critique of Gazoo coverage - and more(?)
>  Urbana Arborist on IP tree trimming legislation
>  Who's receiving this? posted directed to web(?)

The original articles are on the newswire.  I've edited both (mostly the
tree-trimming one; the other needed almost no editing), but don't know
how to publish my edited version, and don't know if I'm supposed to or
what the procedure is.

>  8) Art- for its own sake,(what's Yikes doing over
>  there in gummint?)
>   Newspoetry and Collages
>  John Wason spoke of a article about former, edited
>  from wilgill's web writings. "It'll write itself"

Sent info to Brent.  Don't know if he'll follow up or not.  If we use it,
the group can decide whether it's "Art" or "Media".

>  <<<After the meeting>>>
>  Shelley retyped a second draft of Bubblehead and
>  reposted after the meeting

I've edited it some more.  Again, not posted to newswire because I don't
know how or why.

>  Lindsay wrote that she was meeting the author of the
>  Alloy Casting article and that she could also
>  "pull together an article on the Black Beauty Coal
>  Mine or another local environmental subject".
>  Could someone ask that this article/draft be posted to
>  website?

Neither is likely to happen for this issue, and we already have two
articles that are arguably Environment.

Could someone tell ME what the newswire/web site is for?  Remind me
again; I'm obviously not as smart as the rest of you.  I originally
didn't see the point of it, and sort of still don't.  Yet I've been
reading it religiously, downloading articles from it to edit, and making
comments.  I seem to be virtually the only one doing so, at least in the
past week or two.  You, Paul, an Editor/Facilitator, don't seem to even
know what is posted there and what isn't.  I really don't get it.

John