[Imc] Progressive Calendar

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 20 17:46:24 UTC 2001

Sandra & Clint,
Clint beat me to it and I think Sandra was aware of it, but we do have
this wonderful, interactive resource already on the IMC website. What
Sandra was conveying was that there was some discussion in the print
group about doing something similar in the public-i.

The problem, as she mentioned, is that most of this info isn't available
when we go to press and much of it would be outdated if it did make it
into print. I agree that, for the most part, we shouldn't concern
ourselves too much with this in the public-i, at this time. If we
develop the community calendar by promoting it, eventually we may have
people using it enough for events a month out and more to make it
practical. If there isn't this much lead time, there is little point in
it appearing in a monthly publication.

My recommendations:
1) We encourage groups and people to use the community calendar every
chance we get.
2) The public-i might mention the CC as being available somewhere
appropriate in each issue. This would expand the use of the electronic
CC.
3) When we have enough usage and lead-time that notices are appearing so
that they are usable in the public-i, we can revisit the issue of using
notices that are appropriate. If the public-i increases publication
frequency, that would be another reason to revisit the issue.

Mike Lehman