[Imc] sidneysedarka's $-making idea

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Fri Aug 24 16:42:48 UTC 2001

Tim,

It's not as simple as that.  That spam message was sent directly to the
list by the spammer, and was not forwarded by anyone on the list.  The
software running the e-mail list is very good at filtering out such
spam.  Since I am one of the list admins I see the many pieces of
unsolicited just e-mail that it catches every week.  However, the software
is not perfect, and occasionally something slips through.  Unless we set up
the list  so that every post has to be approved by a person before it goes
out, this will happen occasionally.

Unfortunately, unsolicited junk e-mail is a fact of life, and I can only
ask that people we patient with the very isolated times when something
slips through.

--Paul