[Imc] How to Use Kotheimer Audio Services

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Mon Aug 27 15:55:28 UTC 2001

hi y'all

if you're producing radio for:

IMC NewsHour
IMC-credited works for Free Speech Radio News or other syndication*
Life in the Bike Lane,
or IMC-related broadcast ventures,

then I offer you my services in tweaking final audio for broadcast.  This
means I can smooth out levels and add some final touches so that your
audio will be loud and clear on the air.

*if you're working on a paid piece (for FSRN, for example) it'd be polite
to offer me a small cut of your broadcast money.  i won't ask.  it's up to
you to offer.

here's how to leave stuff for me to "tweak," "master," or "finalize":

copy audio files that you need help with to the folder called "Kotheimer"
on the M: drive on SERGEI.  DON'T put them inside a folder inside the
Kotheimer folder, or inside a folder inside a folder inside a folder
inside the Kotheimer folder.  DO put them at the TOP of the "Kotheimer"
folder's file architecture...

next, e-mail me with:

the NAME of your file and its length (minutes and seconds, not megabytes)
a DESCRIPTION of what you think it needs;
a CONTEXT--i.e., what will precede it and what will follow
it in the final broadcast; and
your broadcast or upload DEADLINE.

i'll do what i can, and then e-mail you back when it seems done.

radio producers, please file this e-mail somewhere so you have access to
it as you produce audio.

thanks and solidarity,
paulkotheimer:)
THE HAND-MADE RECORD LABEL