[Imc] Website Archive Bug

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 29 17:32:20 UTC 2001

Hey all,

In a major effort Dan Lewart upgraded the software that runs our website
last weekend. That software is not particularly well planned or executed to
begin with, so the upgrade was not a simple effort.  One effect of the
upgrade is that a good portion of our archive posts to the site appear
"broken."   Some of you have already e-mailed the tech group with questions
about posts you couldn't find.

But rest assured, they are not gone or deleted.  They need to be
"refreshed" for use with the new version of the software.  Unfortunately,
Dan's attempts to refresh our whole archive of 1700+ posts in one or
several large batches has not been successful, and the only method that
appears to be working is to refresh them one by one.  So, at the moment
Tech has been refreshing the most recent ones  one-by-one and others that
people request.

The software that runs the website will be a major topic of discussion at
today's Tech meeting, 6:00 PM @ the IMC.  We hope there will be a solution
soon.

Thanks,

IMC Tech