[Imc] Question re: None's latest

Paul Riismandel p-riism at uiuc.edu
Wed Dec 5 21:43:49 UTC 2001

At 03:28 PM 12/5/2001 -0600, Chas. M. Bee wrote:
>I won't call for total censorship of this news source myself, but
>perhaps individual war-related posts containing full names and cities,
>or other personal info of folks living or deceased, might be worthy of
>exception.

Previously we've deleted a post due to libel concerns, where a very easily
findable person was accused of murder in a post, but we were unable to
corroborate the accusation or locate the poster.

These posts would not qualify as libel, though they may be worth checking
out.  However, this poster is starting to turn into a nuisance, with daily
posts of questionable legitimacy posted anonymously.  We'll be discussing
this at Sunday's steering meeting -- everyone's invited.

--Paul