[Imc] Larrabee Agreement Unravels?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 19 18:53:32 UTC 2001

I'm OK with unhiding it for now. People should look around at some of
the other slower-moving IMC sites to determine whether we really want to
be the all-Larrabee channel or not. Not that he is the only one, far
from it, but he is currently the "top performer".

IMC network spam is becoming a problem that won't go away, so this issue
needs to be addressed. Content is irrelevant, although the pattern of
behavior is quite typical. See my analysis in the Comment here:
<http://urbana.indymedia.org/front.php3?article_id=3483&group=webcast>

Maybe we should see what the tide washes in for awhile, until people
start asking "what the hell happened to the website, it used to be so
good?"

I thought our mission was to offer a place for news, not strictly a free
speech chat room. Maybe we need to have an internal conference at some
point to define what the difference is between these two concepts,
because they ARE different and sometimes conflicting concepts. The clash
between them is at the root of most of these discussions, along with the
LOCAL nature of our IMC.
Mike