[Imc] possible stories for Monday's show

Paul Kotheimer herringb at prairienet.org
Fri Feb 2 08:11:37 UTC 2001

howdy friends and neighbors:

1st:  i'd love to see whoever's coordinating the Monday 6PM WEFT-IMC news
hour come and give a strong presentation about what's on the play-list and
what work is needed at the SUNDAY NEWS COLLECTIVE meeting (where it
belongs, sez me...) @ 2 PM at the IMC.

2d:  i don't have much new audio this week because i'm crazy exhausted,
BUT i have a text on the website about the GEO Rally which somebody (??)
could read on air, and it'd be AWESOME to do a follow-up with a LIVE GEO
organizer in the 6 o'clock slot.  i'll send out an e-mail PRONTO.

3d:  i can also volunteer to bust my butt all afternoon on Monday helping
to put together needed audio on SERGEI for a 4:30PM airshifter preview
deadline for the 6 o'clock WEFT broadcast thang.  can we say that SERGEI
is reserved from 11am-5pm on Monday for this purpose?

already recorded and burned to CD, i have: a 15 second "NEWS
THEME"--guitar by me a voiceover by Sarah K. i have a 10-15 second
station/program ID voiceover (no backing track) read by Maria Silva, with
her beautiful accent.  i have an 8-second voiceover by me which simply
says "for more information on this story visit our website..." and reads
off the website address (with all the mistakes edited out!), so you could
run that at any point.

also, crystal marshall has a beautiful recording of Randall Robinson's
keynote speech from the UIUC's MLK day lecture series, which i have edited
down to a 4-minute segment and a 2-minute segment, which could flow
together into a 6-minute segment.  Sarah was working on contacting Crystal
to get the whole speech on CD, if needed.  unfortunately it couldn't stay
on SERGEI because of hard-drive space concerns.

and we also have a recording of Grace Lee Boggs's keynote which has yet to
be broadcast AT ALL, to my knowledge.  there's lotsa great stuff on that.
Sarah K has the CD of that, last i heard.

also, Sarah K., please let us know what you need, both in the workload
handoff department, and in the Urbana Loves You and Cares and Get Well
Soon department.  community care is solidarity.  don'tcha feel all warm
and fuzzy inside now?

3A:  i need to qualify my butt-busting volunteership for Monday afternoon,
by saying that i NEED to be MANAGED by a PROGRAM PRODUCER who can
COLLABORATE with me on what's required, and/or (better yet) give me DIRECT
ORDERS, which i will obey and fulfill as your humble servant.  in other
words, i need to know who's in charge of Monday at 6 this week, 'cause it
sure as hell ain't me.  but i'm happy (sincerely) to be part of the team.

[Danielle, please note, above:  PK saying what he wants and defining his
boundaries.  hope it works...]

at your service,

paulkotheimer:)