[Imc] searching for guests-in-residence

Laura Haber comradelaura at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 13 21:07:45 UTC 2001

Would you like to see a particular activist, writer, performer, artist,
scholar, teacher, or unique individual come to campus for a week or two?
We are currently accepting applications for the Unit One/Allen Hall
guest-in-residence program. The residency is part of Unit One, an academic
program based in a University residence hall. Unit One was founded in the
early 1970's as an alternative to standard educational models.  Guests who
have been in residence in the past have played a major role in helping our
students become critical thinkers and agents for social change.  In
talking about their lives as well as their work, guests function as
short-term mentors who can speak to students about making life choices
which benefit society rather than exploit it.

You will find a more detailed description of the program and application
procedures for the program on the Unit One home page,
http://www.housing.uiuc.edu/academics/unit1.

E-mail me or call me to recommend someone you think would make a great
Unit One guest-in-residence.

Laura Haber
Assistant Director of Unit One
68 Allen Hall (MC 050)