[Imc] Space group meeting notes 2-13

Sarah Kanouse skanouse at usa.net
Fri Feb 16 03:57:06 UTC 2001

Space Working Group Meeting—February 13, 2001 8:30 PM

Present:  Mike Lehman, Sascha Meinrath, Sarah Kanouse (notes)

I Space Rental
	Molly is working on simplifying and standardizing the booking arrangements as
well as billing the people who are using our space.

II Staffing
	We need a staffing coordinator to make sure shifts are covered, let people in
to the space to staff it, and follow up when people flake out on their shifts.
 Ideally, a staffing coordinator would be someone who is easy to reach or has
a cell phone and is dependable.
	The group worked up a list of people to ask personally—please don’t hide when
you see us coming.  We will also make a general appeal for mercy at Sunday’s
meeting.  This is a really important job for the IMC and is pretty easy to do.
 Many of our staffing problems have been due to the fact that there is no one
coordinator to call when a sub or a keyholder needs to be found.  Step up to
the plate—it’s easy, and it helps us out a lot!

III Production Room set up
	Sascha and Mike will set up the wraparound desks when the wiring is
complete.

IV Budgetary
	The grouped worked up tentative financial needs for the next year to assist
in drawing up a budget.  These are:
	Darkroom--$250
	Exhaust Fan--$150
	Safe or Lockbox--$150
	Building supplies for library bookshelves--$250
	Furniture (including filing cabinets)--$250
	Supplies (e.g. toilet paper, pens, dish soap)--$250
	TOTAL: $1300