[Imc] Sexist ads

nancy dietrich nancydietrich at juno.com
Wed Feb 21 23:33:36 UTC 2001

Sarah-
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I will be calling to
protest ASAP.   As for those of you who think this is humorous.... Would
it be humorous to have an African-American serving a white person
"retro-imaging" back to the South during slavery??  Would this be a
"fashionable icon" of the past?  Of course not!  The really pathetic
thing is, this is an ad, trying to sell something, and it shows how far
we still have to go in changing gender stereotypes.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.