[Imc] IMC construction and prep work for our GRAND OPENING!!!

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 2 23:12:14 UTC 2001

Hello all,

I'm accepting donations to our construction slush fund.  We anticipate
spending
roughly $500 on construction supplies, paint, and various and sundry
supplies.
If you would like to help offset the cost of getting our space ready for our
grand opening (at 8 p.m. on January 19th at 218 West Main St., Urbana), please
contact me or just send a check (made out to the U-C IMC) to:

U-C IMC
c/o Sascha Meinrath
P.O. Box 953
Urbana, IL  61803

Also, we need people to help by donating their time and energy, mark your
calendars for the following dates:

Wednesday,1/3/01:  Glass wall construction at the IMC -- Noon
Friday, 1/5/01:  Potluck and Painting Prep at the IMC -- 7p.m.
Saturday, 1/6/01:  Painting day at the IMC (we need lots of folks to help out
with this) -- starts at 10a.m.
Sunday, 1/7/01:  Weekly IMC meeting -- Noon
                  Painting and painting cleanup -- after the Noon Meeting
Thursday, 1/11/01:  DONATION DROP-OFF DATE -- bring donations of furniture,
office supplies and other useful items to the IMC & DEEP CLEANING DAY  contact
Mark Enslin if you can help clean (enslin at prairienet.org) -- we need as many
volunteers as possible for this -- all day
Sunday, 1/14/01:  Weekly IMC meeting -- Noon
Friday, 1/18/01:  GRAND OPENING -- 8 p.m.

There will be other stuff popping up, so keep reading your e-mail.  Also, if
you've volunteered to help do any of these things, please be sure to show up,
folks are counting on you.  And if you can't stay for any length of time, feel
free to stop by and say hello, bring drink or munchies -- moral support and
appreciation is always great.

See you at the IMC!

--Sascha