[Imc] global IMC organizing.

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at students.uiuc.edu
Sat Jan 13 16:27:05 UTC 2001

if you are interested in global indymedia communication, please read the
following and let me know if you are interested.  we are looking for a couple
people to take on the role of liaisons to the national imc group.

--sascha

>Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:27:56 +0100
>To: Sascha Meinrath <meinrath at students.uiuc.edu>
>From: Jay <jay at tao.ca>
>Subject: Re: IMC NEWSBLAST and sundry other stuff.
>
>Hi Sascha,
>
>So sorry I've taken so long to get back to you.  I'm constantly buried
beneath
>a mountain of e-mail!  If you're interested in participating in the newsblast
>effort or any other sort of IMC print effort, I'd suggest someone from your
IMC
>join the imc-print at indymedia list (join through
"<http://lists.indymedia.org).>that will help your imc communicate with what's
going on in the global imc>group, which would be a great development.  do you
know about the>imc-communication at indymedia.org list/?  The communcation
list is
trying to get>all th" eudora="autourl">http://lists.indymedia.org).
>That will help your IMC communicate with what's going on in the global IMC
>group, which would be a great development.  Do you know about the
>imc-communication at indymedia.org list?  The communcation list is trying to get
>all the local IMCs to communcate with one another and to start organizing
>globally together.  Actually, there's an IRC meeting this weekend, Saturday
the
>13th, of representative from as many of the IMCs as possible.  It'll be at
>20:00 Greenwich Mean Time, which should be some time in the middle of the day
>for you, at "irc.indymedia.org".  If you or someone else from the IMC
could be
>there, great!
>
>I'll let you know as soon as I figure out when I'm going to be through the
U-C
>area.  Thanks so much,
>
>Jay
>
>At 12/31/00 , you wrote:
>>
>> hey jay,
>>
>> i've put out an e-mail to the U-C IMC list about the newsblast idea.  we
>> would be more than happy to help out with it -- especially since we have
been
>> doing a lot of reporting around the area and it would be easy to forward
>> things to a central clearing house.  i'm working on getting a liaison who
>> would take this on as a project.  what's the next step?
>>
>> as for visiting in april -- you have multiple places you can crash here.
>> there's always something happening and we'll be doing our second annual
>> mayday celebration on may first (of course).  it would be easy to
organize a
>> film showing or other events for the time you would be here, just let me
>> know.  we've started networking with the springfield, illinois imc.  they
>> contacted us to help get them started since we've been doing so well.
we've