[Imc] Open House Planning

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Sun Jan 14 03:10:04 UTC 2001

Brian and I were the only people who really showed up for the bulk of
the Open House planning meeting at 4pm today. So we made some plans
but there is no way at all that we are going to be able to cary these
plans out ourselves.

Here are my notes, please read these over and let me know what you can
help with.

There are three sections here: things that we want to happen, things we have
to do this week, and things that we need to do on the friday.

Things that we want to happen

Paul Kottheimer to play some political type tunes.
Newspoets to perform.
Posters of IMC news stories around the space for people to read.
Listening stations around the space for people to listen to radio programs.
TV/VCR's around the space for people to view IMC videos.
Food to be served.
Donation boxes around the space and Merchandise available for sale.
Web site demo.
IMC info handouts available.
Artwork and decoration and lights around the space.
One or more speakers such as Robert McChesney

Things that we have to do this week:

Contact the newspoets - I will do this.
Pick stories for the posters and print them on a poster printer.
Make food.
Acquire dishes and utensils from Goodwill and Salvation Army and such.
Build a drain board for the back sink for dish washing.
Acquire general groceries including drinks and dish washing supplies.
Create friendly donation boxes.
Create T-shirts and stickers (and anything else we have the capability for).
Edit together at least 2 long videos that we can leave running all night.
Configure a computer to act as a website demo.
Make some handouts/flyers for IMC.
Acquire artwork and other decorations including xmas lights and candles.
Contact Robert McChesney.
Make sure there is a blurb in the Octopus about the open house.
Acquire lots of chairs and tables.
Acquire several CD players, minidisc players, and headphones and
	actual CDs and minidiscs of show material.

Things we have to do on friday during the day:

Set up the PA including microphones and mixing board and cable management.
Set up the chairs and tables, including table clothes and candles.
Set up the food area.
Hang posters and decorate the space.
Set up the TV/VCRs including finding carts/stands to put them on.
Set up the website demo computer.

Things we have to do during the open house:
Some people have to agree to help with the dish cleaning.
Someone will have to run the sound board during the performances.
We may want to have a greater at the door to hand out info sheets, to
	take donations, to sell merch and to answer questions.
We will need to have the space cleaned up before Saturday night
	because of the Anti-Inaugural Ball

Everyone who has our fancy IMC press passes should wear them.

If we need extra chairs we can apparently borrow some from a local
funeral home.

Sarah has agreed to help out with set up on the day of the event and
with cooking.

I agreed to help coordinate the open house but I can not make it
happen by myself so I hope that people can come forward and help out.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org