[Imc] Support David Johnson

Zachary C.Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Jan 16 23:07:10 UTC 2001

Dave Johnson has just gotten word that his trial on Wednesday may be
opened up to the public. The people who are fighting to have him
removed from the Executive Board are expected to show up in
numbers.

Those of us who support Dave Johnson's right to free speech need to
show up to rally at his trial at 4:30pm and to witness the proceedings
of the trial at 5pm.

The trial will be on Wednesday January 17th 5pm, Carpenters Union
Hall, show up between 4:30 and 5pm. 402 S. Duncan
Road. Champaign.

I can give rides to anyone that needs one. Give me a call at 344-7464.

The Prairie Greens of East Central Illinois passed this resolution by
consensus at their January meeting:

"As supporters of free speech and democracy at every level of society,
the Prairie Greens of East Central Illinois object to the charges
brought against David Johnson by the Executive Board of the Champaign
County AFL/CIO.  We believe that there is a fundamental right of
individuals to disagree with the views of organizations to which they
belong. While Mr. Johnson, as an individual, publicly supported Ralph
Nader, he has never suggested that the AFL/CIO has endorsed Ralph
Nader or the Green Party. We believe that Mr.  Johnson always offered
a specific disclaimer that his support for Ralph Nader was individual
and not organizational. In all our numerous media appearances,
advertisements, and fliers we never published any endorsement from the
AFL/CIO; we never believed that we had received AFL/CIO endorsement of
any kind and never led anyone else to believe that. We believe this
issue strikes to the heart of issues of free speech and democracy in
unions and we respectfully entreat the Executive Board to dismiss
these charges." - resolved by consensus 1/2/2000

This resolution will be presented to the Executive Board of the
AFL/CIO by a representative of the Prairie Greens at David Johnson's
trial and will also be mailed to the AFL/CIO Champaign County office.

IMSA 1995 - UIUC 2000 - Just Another Leftist Muppet
Ya Basta! - http://www.greens.org